How we built it
This blog was the first code for Moonlight written by a Moonlight contractor. We submitted the task to Moonlight network, then hired a VueJS expert to code the design. It took about 10 hours of time over the course of four days to code everything from scratch.
We built the website in VueJS using Contentful as the backend. Contentful provides a content management system and API for any structured data. In the future, we plan to use Contentful for more parts of the website - such as help documentation and landing pages.
Most of the work happened on the frontend. We wrote some backend server code to index blog posts through the
sitemap.xml for search engines.
Here is what we plan to write about on the Moonlight blog:
- Customer Stories: How companies are using Moonlight to increase their momentum.
- Moonlighter Profiles: A look at the contractors behind Moonlight, including their lifestyles and motivations.
- Lifestyle: We are living the lifestyle we preach by contracting on Moonlight and traveling the world full-time. We may share updates about our travel and remote work experience.
- Engineering: We are passionate about technology and will share our opinions on and contributions to the software community.
- Design Thoughts: As a design-driven company, we will post our favorite design practices, and learnings from our research.
- Company News: Updates about the Moonlight team and company. We're currently a bootstrapped team of two.
- Product Updates: Latest information about features and releases on MoonlightWork.com.